spoon

Turkey Curry on Flatbread

Category:



Tonight was something healthy and easy. I needed a recovery night from the Chicken and Dumplings experience yesterday and this was just the thing. It turned out to be yummy and fast. I think around 30 minutes from start to finish. Give it a try if you want to expand your taste buds.

Turkey Curry on Flatbread from Rachael Ray Magazine

1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoon EVOO (extra virgin olive oil for non Rachael fans)
1 Onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
1 Pound Ground Turkey
1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
1 Cup Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
Grated Peel and Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Large Tomato, coarsely chopped
1/4 Cup Flat -Leaf Parsley Leaves, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
4 Pitas, warmed

1. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and curry powder and cook, stirring until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese until blended. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt, lemon peel and lemon juice; set aside.

2. In a small bowl, mix the tomato, parsley and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil; season with salt and pepper.

3. Place a warm pita on each plate (I warmed mine in the oven but you could do it in the microwave), top with the turkey curry and tomato salad and fold over.

You will notice there is something missing from my picture....the tomato salad. I don't like tomatos and I didn't have any parsley so this was left out at our house. I am sure it would add a lot to the meal though. I think next time I will try it.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment