spoon

Our Cookbooks

Category:

1. Nourishing Traditions

Have you heard of the cookbook/book called Nourishing Traditions? I started reading it about a month ago after learning about it on the blog Passionate Homemaking. It is an amazing cookbook that will totally change how you think about food and what you eat. I have not gotten up the courage to try any of the recipes yet but they are soon to come. Until then check out the book from the library and tell me what you think.

2. Skinny Bi*** in the Kitch

Skinny Bi*** in the Kitch is the cookbook following the very famous book called Skinny bi***. The books are written by two women who try to convince you to become vegan. Their reasoning is that you are fat is because you are eating unhealthy foods. There is a lot of profanity and gross facts about the meat industry that you will surely never forget. If you are up for a challenge, or even a good laugh, I recommend this book.

3. Canyon Ranch Cooks

Canyon Ranch is one of America's leading health resorts located in Tucson, Arizona. They focus on natural cooking and have a lot of really easy recipes that anyone can make. They also give nutritional information in all of their recipes to help you stay conscious. I recommend this book to anyone who likes healthy cooking!

4. Robbin Miller Quick Fix Meals

If I could pick one cookbook that has changed my cooking style the most it would be this book. My husband gave it to me on our first wedding anniversary because he knew I loved it when I checked it out at the library and it was made of paper, the traditional first year gift. What I love about this book is how it teaches you to use your leftovers in new ways. Before using this cookbook I would either serve leftovers the same way I served it the first time or I wouldn't serve them at all. I am not fond of having the same meal twice so most often the leftovers ended up in my husbands lunch or the trash. This cookbook taught me how to take the Pot Roast I made on one day and turn it into French Dip Sandwiches, Empanadas, or Asian Beef Salad. I loved it! Once I got the hang of it I have been able to adapt other recipes not from the book to work with the same principles. Overall I would recommend this book to anyone who is trying to build upon thier thrifty cooking skills.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment