spoon

Easy French Dip Sandwiches

Category:


This sandwich is my favorite way to use up leftover roast. I usually do a big roast in the crock pot but with just two of us there are always lots of leftovers. I like to shred the leftovers, put them in Ziploc bags, and freeze until ready to use.

This recipe for French Dip Sandwiches come from one of my favorite cookbooks- Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals. This cookbook was the first book I ever read which taught me how to really utilize my leftovers. I love it! This recipe couldn't be easier. As you can see other than the frozen beef it is just three ingredients (I am not counting the rolls you put it on as an ingredient). So grab that meat out of the freezer and get dinner on the table in 10 minutes or less.


French Dip Sandwiches ( I often double this so we have extra juice)

1 Cup Beef Broth
1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 to 3 Cups Leftover Sliced Beef
4 Kaiser Rolls

In a medium saucepan combine the broth, Worcestershire, garlic powder, set the pan over medium heat, and bring to a simmer. Add the beef and simmer 5 minutes to heat through.

Using a large fork or tongs, place the beef on the rolls. Serve the remaining broth mixture on the side on small individual bowls for dunking.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment