spoon

Peanut Noodles and Chicken

Category:



Whenever I make a dinner that my husband gets excited about it makes me happy. When he ate this one he said "Put it in the binder!" referring to the binder of our family favorites. I was happy about that because it was EASY!

I pulled this recipe from Family Circle Magazine back in October 2010 and it took me until now to try it. I was prompted by the desire to use up stuff in my freezer and chicken was on the list. I cheaped out on the bean spouts and cucumbers the recipe calls for but maybe when I make it this summer and we have more cucumbers than we know what to do with.

If you have leftover chicken this recipe is perfect.

Ok I think I have gone on and on about this enough. Add it to your menu plan for next week and you will be happy.

Peanut Noodles and Chicken

1/2 Pound Linguine
2 T Soy Sauce
2 T Lemon Juice
1/2 t Cornstarch
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1/2 t Sugar
1/4 t Red Pepper Flakes
1 t Sesame Oil
1 Pound Cooked Chicken, shredded
1/2 Cucumber, peeled and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
1/2 Cup Bean Sprouts

Cook linguine following package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.

Mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice and cornstarch. In a medium size saucepan, combine peanut butter, garlic, sugar, reed pepper flakes and 1/2 cup hot water. Whisk in the soy sauce mixture and bring to a simmer. Whisk until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the sesame oil.

In a large bowl, toss together linguine, chicken and peanut butter mixture. Scatter cucumber and bean spouts over the top and serve at room temperature.

Comment (1)

hello there star shine

Post a Comment